FANS of The Apprentice are now halfway through the 2923 series.
Every episode sees one of remaining candidates hear Lord Alan Sugar say those famous words, “You’re fired!”
Who left The Apprentice last night?
The Apprentice said goodbye to one more candidate last night (February 9, 2023).
Episode 6 saw Joe Phillips fired after he came out bottom in the latest task, which saw the contestants jet off to Dubai.
Firing him, Lord Sugar said: “Joseph, you were responsible for the kitchen and ultimately that was one of the reasons for the failure of this task.
“The food was burnt, and the service was poor, so it is with regret Joe, you’re fired!”
Speaking after his exit, Joe said: “I’m a Zoologist and I’ve been thrown into the business world.
“I’ve learnt so much from this process and I can’t wait to take that knowledge and apply it to my own business and hopefully make a success of it.”
Meanwhile, Joe wasn’t the only one to leave The Apprentice in episode 6.
Theatre boss Reece Donnelly shocked fans when he quit the show for “health reasons”.
Speaking to the BBC, he said: “I was unable to complete the task in Dubai for health reasons and therefore I could not continue on The Apprentice.
“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time on the show and I’m looking forward to watching my fellow candidates in the rest of the series.
“My goal of being on The Apprentice was to showcase that Scotland has amazing businesses and entrepreneurs, I really hope I’ve done that. I’m so grateful for my time with Lord Sugar and the team.”
Who is left in The Apprentice?
The Apprentice started off with 18 candidates, all hoping to impress Lord Sugar.
This is who is still left on the show:
- Avi Sharma, a city banker from London.
- Bradley Johnson, a director of a construction company from North Yorkshire.
- Dani Donovan, a hair salon owner from Hertfordshire.
- Denisha Kaur Bharj, a financial controller from Leicestershire.
- Kevin D’Arcy, an accountant from Dublin.
- Mark Moseley, an owner of a pest control company from London.
- Marnie Swindells, a court advocate from London.
- Megan Hornby, an owner of a sweet shop and cafe from East Yorkshire.
- Rochelle Anthony, a hair salon owner from Bedfordshire.
- Shazia Hussain, a technology recruiter from London.
- Simba Rwambiwa, a senior sales rep from Birmingham.
- Sohail Chowdhary, owner of a martial arts school from Southampton.
- Victoria Goulbourne, owner of an online sweet business from Merseyside.
Who has left The Apprentice so far?
Every week Lord Sugar sends one candidate packing, and they must leave the famous boardroom forever.
This is who has been fired so far are:
- Week Six: Joe Phillips, a former Safari Guide from Worcestershire.
- Week Six: Reece Donnelly, a theatre school owner from Glasgow QUIT
- Week Five: Shazia Hussain, a technology recruiter from London.
- Week Four: Denisha Kaur Bharj, financial controller from Leicestershire.
- Week Three: Gregory Ebbs, owner of Online Antiques Marketplace from Shropshire.
- Week Two: Kevin D’Arcy, an accountant from Dublin.
- Week Two: Shannon Martin, a bridal boutique owner from West Yorkshire QUIT
- Week One: Emma Browne, a senior account executive from County Kildare.
How can I watch The Apprentice?
The Apprentice can be watched on BBC One every Thursday night at 9pm.
The show runs for 12 weeks, and can also be watched on the BBC iPlayer.
The winner of season 17 will be announced during the final episode, which is predicted to air on March 23, 2023.